Rules & Safety
St. Charles Park District strives to offer a pleasant experience for all guests. Rules are established to offer a clean and safe environment for everyone. Please obey all rules to ensure a safe and fun experience while visiting this facility.
Norris Recreation Center is an alcohol and smoke free facility.
- Help keep parks and facilities clean. Follow carry in/carry out Leave No Trace etiquette.
- Please follow additional sign instructions throughout this facility.
- St. Charles Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Membership, daily admission/program fees or guest passes are required to use the facility amenities.
- Be courteous and respectful of the facility, its users and all employees. Refrain from using profanity.
- You are financially responsible for any loss or damage caused by you, your family members or guests.
- Pets, skateboards, skates, heelies and bikes are not allowed in the facility.
- Chewing tobacco and glass containers are not permitted.
- Please leave the facility promptly at closing time.
Supervision of Children
- Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their child(ren), ages 15 & under, if they are not involved in a program or visiting the child care center.
- Ages 11 & under are not permitted in the fitness center, cycle studio or group fitness studio.
- Locker rooms are available for changing and storage of personal belongings.
- Lockers are available on a per visit basis.
- Guests must provide own lock. Locks left on lockers over night will be cut off and contents donated to charity.
- Children under the age of 6 years may enter locker rooms of the opposite gender with a parent/guardian.
- The use of cameras and other picture-taking equipment, including cell phones, is prohibited in the locker rooms.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for a group fitness class.
- Classes are offered on a first come first serve basis. Some classes have participant limits.
- Group Fitness classes may be cancelled if 2 or less participants are in attendance. The instructor has the authority to make that decision.
- When participating in a fitness class, it is understood that the participant has the ability to complete the requirements delivered by the instructor.
- For health, safety and hygiene reasons you must always follow the instructions of lifeguard/aquatic staff. All state and local health laws apply.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool.
- Lap swimmers should be prepared to share lanes with other swimmers. Swim to the right side in your lane in a circular motion.
- Use the sauna and whirlpool in moderation.
- Boisterous or rough play and prolonged underwater breath holding is not allowed.
- Putting wet towels or water on the sauna unit is not permitted.
- Follow the posted guidelines in the whirlpool.
- Guests must wear appropriate clothing, including a shirt and close-toes shoes. Bare feet, sandals/flip-flops and boots are not allowed.
- Sealed beverage containers are allowed. Food is not permitted. Gum is not allowed.
- Leave personal belongings, such as a gym bag, in the locker room.
- Use equipment for its intended purpose, following instructions carefully.
- For clarification on how to use the equipment or to inquire about an equipment orientation, please see a Guest Services Associate.
- Allow others to “work in”; return settings to previous user’s setup. Do not sit on machines between sets.
- Focus on your own exercise program.
- Refrain from yelling, banging weights and making loud sounds.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Pick-up after yourself when finished exercising. Return all equipment and accessories to its original location. Re-rack dumbbells and weight plates.
- Parking for NRC members is provided in the lot directly in front of NRC’s main entrance and marked by the white lines in the parking lot to the north.
- If any vehicle is parked in the lot to the north within the yellow lines (designated for student parking only), your vehicle will be ticketed by the School District.
- NRC is not liable for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles on the property.
Violation of any rules may result in serious injury and/or immediate removal from the facility.
NRC reserves the right to change rules at staff discretion. A notice will be posted on the page and in the monthly membership eNewsletter.